- 36 month free replacement, 6V and 12V passenger vehicle / light truck (noncommercial)
- 12 month free replacement, commercial
- 24 month free replacement. All Bluetop starting and deep cycle expect noted below
- 12 month free replacement. D27M, 34M, D34M, D31M in commercial applications
- 12 months. In series string applications with battery management system (deep cycle only)
- 1 month. In series string applications without battery management (deep cycle only)
- Not covered. Use of 34M starting battery in abusive service/deep cycle/car audio apps.
- 36 month free replacement, DS46B24R, D27F, D34/78, D75/25, D34, D35, D51, D51R Automotive, LTV, Car Audio
- 24 month free replacement, D31A, D31T commercial
- 12 month free replacement, DS46B24R, D34/78, D75/25, D34, D35, D51, D51R, D27F commercial applications
- 12 month, in series string applications with battery management system
- 1 month, in series string application without battery management system
All batteries must have the manufacturer’s bar code number sticker on the battery. No credit will be given for batteries missing the bar code sticker. No exceptions.
All batteries come with a date code sticker on the top. The battery below has a date code of April 2013.
If the date code sticker on a battery is missing you can calculate the date of the battery by using info on the bar code sticker. The first 4 numbers on the sticker represent the Julian calender. The date on the example below is January 7, 2013. The first digit states the year. Digits 2,3, & 4 equal the day of the year.
If the date code on the top of the battery is missing use the bar code sticker to qualify the date of the battery. If a battery is out of warranty date DO NOT give the customer a replacement battery. If you return a battery beyond the warranty date to the warehouse, it will be sent back to you. No credit will be issued.
Any misused batteries or physically damaged batteries are not covered by warranty. DO NOT replace any misused or damaged batteries. If you return any misused or damaged batteries to the warehouse, it will be sent back to you. No credit will be issued. Below is an example of misused/damaged battery that was sent into the warehouse.
This battery was overcharged. If you have any questions regarding a battery call Optima customer service at 1-888-867-8462.
Batteries made in 2015. In this regard, the vendor has a 6-8 month grace period for batteries manufactured the year prior which is a reasonable period considering the product cycle.